Friday 22 June 2012

Assessment For Learning

Assessment for Learning is a hot topic in education right now and it seems to mean a few different things depending on who's talking.  It may bring to mind images of testing, data, progress reports, feedback forms, even planning documents.

In this context, I wanted to take a chance to go back to my original brainstorm and reflect on what I've learned and where I want to go.  I have written a few times about what I'm going to take with me as I move forward and dream about the next school year but it's time for me to appreciate and celebrate my learning to date. I can summarize it all when I think about finding balance. All stacked together are standards, resources, student needs, parents, community members, initiatives, and technological devices. 

What's my role as an educator?
*Find balance in order to ensure the success of my students as citizens connected to their communities; local, global and digital.

1 comment:

  1. It's always a good idea to stop and take stock of what we've learned every now and then, and the end of a class is a perfect time to do that. I really like your description of your role as a teacher. I wonder, will it change over time?

    ReplyDelete